Sunday, March 15, 2009

Facebook Phenomenon


Launched on February 4, 2004, Facebook, an online social profile website has grown by enormous leaps and bounds! It started out as a little known website that allowed you to share information with a select group of friends and acquaintances.


Now it has become a primary source for keeping in touch with friends, family and others. It is currently used by over 175 million users online and that number gets bigger and bigger each day. Amazing what technology can do for us these days!

I use facebook for all of the reasons above, but I also find that it has been a great way for my new and existing clients to get a "behind the scenes" look at their photographer. I like being able to connect with them also because I think it helps me to get better acquainted with them. More than what can happen during an initial meeting or consultation.

If you are not a Facebook user, it doesn't cost anything to sign up and it's easy to get started. Just go to: http://www.facebook.com/ and register. You can add as little or as much information as you feel comfortable with, along with photos and other links.

And if you're looking for a friend, search for me Ed Diaz in Oxford, MA. :-)

You'll be well on your way to enjoying the facebook phenomenon and you'll find out more about my life, when I'm not behind the camera.

See you on FB, friend.

No comments: