Friday, November 16, 2007

Mickespace.com







October 14, 2007:


I had a nice Senior Portrait session with Micke (pronounced MIKE) this day. I must say it was a bit of a challenge. You see, I'm the type of person who will spark up a conversation with just anyone about anything. So, I didn't see this one coming...


Micke's mom comes into my studio and the first thing (pretty much) she says is "He doesn't like to smile." So I'm thinking - GREAT! What the heck do I do now? Well I wasn't nervous at all until then.


Don't get me wrong, Micke is a nice guy, it's just that not only does he not smile much, he doesn't speak much either. So, what will we talk about? How do I get him to unwind and relax? How do I not screw this up?
Then it came to me! Comedy! Everyone likes comedy. Humor always break the ice.


So, I reached into the depths of my mind and pulled out some of my best comedic material...that ought to get him right?! (Wrong) I thought - he should be rolling on the floor laughing with this material! This is Grade A Hollywood stand-up stuff! Nope. Nothing. Not even a giggle.
Then I really got nervous.


The short story is he eventually did unwind and we had a nice session, and I was able to get just one (tiny) smile out of him for his mom's photo -(center image/last photo). The rest of them were all Micke...and I have to say I really like how they give him a pensive, mature nature.


My confirmation that he approved of the photos was not until they came back in to look at the proofs and he picked quite a few (almost all) of the shots for a Softcover Brag Book I designed for him. I also provided him with a CD of images to use on his Myspace.com pages. Mom got her one (smiling photo) and everyone was happy. (Whew!)
I liked the brag book so much, I ordered two (one studio sample). Above are three pages from Micke's Brag Book.


Micke thanks for the opportunity (and for the single smile).


Good luck in your future endeavors!
Beauty Discovered.


No comments: